February 12, 2020
Hi! I’m Christine Baumgarten, the photographer behind Silver Orchard Creative. Instead of a long story about my life, let’s keep it short and sweet with 7 fun tidbits about my life.
- Silver Orchard Creative is a play on my last name, Baumgarten, which means Tree Garden, or Orchard, in German.
- I started my business 10 years ago this fall (2020). I started doing professional graphic design while in college. It wasn’t until 2014 I taught myself photography and started shooting professionally. I now only offer photography services through Silver Orchard.
- I went to a women’s college for both my undergraduate and graduate degrees. It’s also where I met my now husband- yes, at the women’s college.
- I live less than 10 minutes from my childhood home. This is a total coincidence but I bought a townhome in 2015 and it happened to be 10 minutes from my parents house. Even more weird, they moved in 2017…5 minutes closer. Makes borrowing things really easy!
- My husband and I have a husky/lab mix, named Salem. He is beautiful and knows how to pose for the camera. Of course.
- I work full time in addition to running Silver Orchard. I do this because I love it- really. My full time job is as a graphic designer and photographer for a professional association. I adore my full time job (I don’t want to brag but I have the best career), however as a creative, I also need to keep what I do fun and fresh. That’s why I spend my free time photographing people’s lives, their families, their weddings, and businesses.
- Ryan and I love to travel. We try to take 1 long weekend trip a month, and at least one big trip a year.
Bonus Fact: I don’t like chocolate AT ALL. Never have. Even as a child I never ate it. I really wish I did- chocolate is in everything and always looks really yummy but it tastes bitter and flat to me.